By the River in
Tel: 07 5529 7258
Mobile: 0414 874 281
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OVERVIEW
- Winner of Office for Women Career Development Award 2008 for Women in IT.
- Social media strategy, planning and implementation for Government and Universities
- Experience in using social media as a communication tool during a disaster (Brisbane floods social media for Brisbane City Council)
- Published non-fiction writer across both online and print media with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Project management and coordination skills across a variety of areas – outstanding team management skills.
- Social Media Strategy, Consultation and Implementation Experience.
- Marketing and PR experience within the education/hospitality/web 2.0 arena on both a domestic and international perspective.
- Video blogging and podcasting experience – creation, editing and publishing
- Mac and PC proficient
- Demonstrated interest in advancing women in areas of technology and business confidence.
- Experience in teaching, motivating and helping others succeed – previously worked as a University lecturer in Sociology/Psychology
- Skilled content producer for web and print media, with knowledge of emerging media channels and how they can be used in education and business.
Digital Project Officer Social Media – Brisbane City Council September 2010 – present
- Social media strategy, planning and implementation for program areas within Brisbane City Council
- Social media advise and measurement throughout Brisbane City Council
- Content development, engagement, interaction and monitoring of Brisbane City Council’s social media sites
Social Media Strategic Advisor – Consultancy Work – Studylane August 2010 – present
- Advised studylane on their web content and rewrote their web content to suit target market
- Designed and deployed studylane branded social media channels
- Provided content for studylane’s social media channels including Facebook and Twitter
Social Media Strategist – Consultancy Work – Gold Coast Training Academy May 2010 – September 2010
- Developed social media strategy for business
- Completely redesigned website and made it social media friendly and we’re almost at launch stage
- Trained staff members on understanding social media and using it
- Implemented new social media channels, including design, content and maintenance
Social Media Specialist – Consultancy Work – Workpartners July 2010 – August 2010
- Developed a social media strategy for a B2B partner of Workpartners
- Advised on social media implementation and design for a tourist industry partner
Nurture Marketing Manager – Bond University Sept 2009 – August 2010
- Manage the Admissions Support Team in the Office of Admissions & Recruitment from both an international and domestic perspective.
- Responsible for the Nurture Marketing Schedule strategy and implementation to help increase student recruitment and engagement with the University.
- Developed the social media strategy, policy and guidelines and content calendar for the admissions department and wider University including; Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Google Reader Listening Station.
- Assist in the integration of a new CRM system for the university.
- Educate team and wider team on social media uses for student recruitment and marketing.
- Report to key internal and external stakeholders on future integration of social media within the admissions department, including predicting trends, benchmarking other higher education areas and using analytics to improve engagement.
- Created social media strategy, guidelines and plan for admissions and wider University
- Developed content suitable for Facebook and Twitter and maintain this
- Implemented a Google Listening Station to collate all relevant key words
- Measured positive/negative impressions to help target communications
- Elevated team to obtain promotions within short period of time
- Successfully recruited key team members
Chief Knowledge Engineer/Team Leader – MyCyberTwin March 2007-Sept 2009
- Developed social networking aspects of the business and in charge of managing and maintaining those – Facebook, MSN, Second Life, Windows Live Spaces.
- Managed a team of knowledge engineers in the creation, maintenance and advancement of virtual agents and personalities.
- Workflow organisation, planning and prioritisation experience when managing teams based in various office locations.
- Considered future markets for our product, developed artificial intelligence brains and brought virtual characters to life.
- Project manager for various contracts and liaised with clients to understand their needs with the objective of providing solutions.
- Involved in testing, debugging and creating back-end software system in conjunction with analysing and diagnosing problems with the UI for users.
- Created effective advertising copy, presentations, speeches and more for the company.
- Chaired business meetings with prospective clients as well as continual meetings to follow up on client requirements.
- Informed key stakeholders on possible outreach through social media channels
- Successfully project managed the creation and deployment of a virtual character for PBL, one of Australia’s largest media companies. This led to a 15% increase in sales during the campaign.
- Played an integral role in developing, deploying and maintaining two virtual agents for two of the largest financial institutions in Australia – NAB and AMP.
- Liaised with NASA on the deployment of a virtual representative for their Mars Lander robot in Second Life.
- Developed multi-language virtual agents to be used in Second Life for Accenture, a leading recruitment company.
- Hired and trained others in the company and responsible for creating numerous teaching and educational tutorials to help others learn the system.
- Elevated to management position in short period of time and successfully managed team on a number of different projects
Freelance Writer – Various Media June 2004-Present
- Enjoy a successful freelance writing career, writing non-fiction articles for a variety of online and print media.
- Specialist areas are generally pop culture, technology, social media, lifestyle, instructional pieces and video gaming.
- Involved in the development of articles, press releases and scripts/speeches for women-centred websites that are specifically for females who enjoy video gaming/technology.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills, leading to the ability to create productive relationships with staff.
- Reviewer for The Daily Telegraph London.
- Regular gaming column in Cherrie Magazine.
- Blogging experience for a number of websites across different genres.
- Write video gaming reviews for an Australian based website, as well as edit, produce and create a video gaming based show for them.
- Develop content for a leading UK based company (PTS) who provide online copy and information pieces.
Driving Instructor – Self-Employed Nov 2005-Dec 2006
- Developed skills in negotiation, keeping a calm head under pressure, making people feel comfortable and generally in engaging with nervous, stressed individuals.
- Increased skills in teaching others and adapting that teaching to suit the individual.
- Advanced planning skills, including learning curve consideration, budget planning, learning workflow organisation.
- Successfully marketed and developed own brand and methodology to help students succeed.
- Biggest accomplishment was getting a nervous 50 year old woman through her driving test, having never driven before.
Area Manager & Marketing Co-ordinator – Law Property Group May 2004-Nov 2005
- Responsible for staff and HR issues on a daily basis, as well as managing expenditure for the bar and restaurant within the hotel chain.
- Developed website content and maintained up to date website content.
- In charge of overseeing two separate hotels and ensuring they were running to their maximum efficiency – grant applications, hotel policy and procedure writing were all an integral aspect of the role.
- Responsible for marketing hotels, as well as responding to complaints, procedure requests, public event speaking and more.
- Successfully developed and handled a number of important events at the hotels to increase revenue, which are still the most popular events there now.
- Developed a grant proposal for the hotel that led to increased budget and managed to lower daily running costs without losing staff.
Owner and Manager Retail Shop – Mania! Dec 2001-May 2004
- Opened a memorabilia shop and was in charge of everything from the ground up.
- Employed 3 staff – in charge of stock maintenance, reading trends in market, writing PR related copy and advertising.
- Successfully managed to open own business and develop a profitable income over the first year.
- Developed ability to manage budgets, organise and prioritise expenditure and to interact and develop relationships with clients.
University Lecturer – Abertay University Sept 1998-Dec 2001
- During MPhil Sociology, taught Sociology and Psychology to a number of students.
- Teaching areas revolved around gender and women’s studies, film & media and management – all within the psychology/sociology framework.
- Successfully encouraged a high pass rate for students in classes.
- Developed a good understanding of active listening and in teaching complex thoughts and processes in an accessible way.
- Tailored writing and communication skills to appeal to a wide audience.
- Invited speaker at the Brisbane Ideas Festival Panel to debate the future of women’s body image and size.
- Working knowledge of international and domestic educational markets from a recruitment and marketing perspective.
- Winner of Office for Women Career Development Award in IT 2008.
- Invited speaker at Brisbane Geek Girl Dinner, for girls who enjoy gaming and technology.
- Participated in a number of WiT (Women in Technology) talks and events to talk about work and experience with gaming and technology.
- Experienced in working in the world of video gaming, particularly on the reviewing, marketing and PR side.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to understand individuals.
- Ability to use background in psychology and sociology within corporations to problem solve and seek solutions.
- Passionate about advancing women in the technological realm and in developing productive relationships with others.
- Interest in producing and editing video content for online sites.
- Master of Communication – Bond University (Expected Completed 2011)
- Cert IV Training and Assessment – Coomera Anglican College – 2010
- MPhil Sociology – Social Construction of Identity (incomplete due to funding issues)
- BSc (Hons) Behavioural Science Degree, University of Abertay, Dundee, Scotland, UK 1993-1997
Tracy Whitelaw | North Bank Court | Helensvale | 4212 | QLD
Tel: 07 5529 7258 | Mob: 0414 874 281 | Email: email@example.com